We were busy this Saturday. I competed in my first 5K of the year. I am mad that I didn't push myself a little harder. My time was 25:19. I was the 20th woman and 4th place in the 30-34 age group. It wasn't my best time, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.
I ran home (literally, the race was through our neighborhood) to take Guy to soccer. He is taking a soccer fundamentals class. Sloan enjoyed watching with snacks from her stroller.
When soccer was over, Jack took off to ride his bike and I took the kids fishing. A local shop provided fishing rods and bait. We saw a boy catch a fish and Guy and I had the following conversation:
Shannon: Can a fish live out of water?
Guy: No
Shannon: That boy has a choice. He can look at the fish and then put it back into the water or he can take it home, cook it and eat it.
Guy: Disgusted look
Shannon: If you catch a fish, what do you want to do with it?
Guy: Put it back in the water.
Later on Guy: I want to take it home and put it in my fish tank.
Guy and I were sad to leave with out catching a fish after 2 hours, so we finished the afternoon with some frozen yogurt.
Note that Guy is wearing his Superman shirt again.

No comments:
Post a Comment