Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Shirt

Guy spotted Star Wars t-shirts on display at Old Navy while we were purchasing a gift for Grandma. He cried when we went to the checkout stand without one. That was when I noticed my wallet was missing from the cart. I traced my steps through the store and was about to start crying when Guy came around the corner holding it. I was so happy! I hugged him and told him he could have the R2-D2 shirt he wanted as a reward.

Story to be continued ....

Guy changed his shirt in the van and we drove to his sports class. He is learning about football, baseball, soccer, and basketball. He is a great kicker, but he is not a very good thrower yet. I think Sloan may be better at throwing a ball than he is.



Story continued ...
When Jack got home he asked Guy how he acquired his new shirt. It turns out, Guy was mad (probably because I wasn't going to buy him the shirt) and he hid my wallet in a display of clothes. That was how he knew where to find it. My hero turned into the villain. His shirt was confiscated and he is doing some yard work to earn it back.

Later that evening we went to the Staheli Family Farm for some fun family time. We missed the youth tractor pull, but we got to ride on the tractor train and play on the farm inspired playground.
Guy loved the tractors.
The kids liked petting most of the animals. Sloan was scared of the horses, but loved the birds. Guy was scared when he saw a turkey on the loose. He was having flashbacks to when his finger was bitten by a chicken.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool, St. George has so much fun stuff with all the warmer weather! I love the picture of Jack in the little train, it's great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he is so smart. That is so funny!!

    ReplyDelete