Family was coming to town, so I started cleaning. Sloan decided to empty the pantry and reorganize it for me. She is holding up a sweet potato.
My mom and my sister Charlotte drove down with Charlotte's cute kids; Cody, Ella, and Shelby. We tried to enjoy as much sunshine as possible. Here are some pictures at the park.Guy and Cody
Sloan
Grandma Barbara pushing Ella, Cody, and Guy.
Charlotte striking a pose on the walk home.
We are gorgeous sisters aren't we!!!
We went to our club house pool one afternoon. Ella was so excited she took stepped in with her clothes in while we were gathering up our stuff to leave. Charlotte had to jump in with her clothes on to save her. She was OK, but it was a little scary. Then they had to walk home cold and wet.Shelby, Ella, and Charlotte
Later that evening, my brother Dennis stopped by after driving his truck from the Mexico border. Jack took Dennis and the two boys to Laser Mania. Guy has been asking to go after he attended his friend's birthday party there.
Guy, Dennis, and Cody looking funny!
Cody, Jack, and Guy
The following day I ran my first 1/2 marathon. It was raining, but not too bad. I was so eager to get under 2 hours and I was on track the first 9 miles, but that was when my IT Band really started to hurt. I limped the last mile because my entire right leg was killing me, but I finished.
Time: 2 hours 7 min. Now to beat that time.

Props to you for finishing the race with your injury! I love seeing all of the fun things you are doing. My favorite picture is the one of Sloan holding the sweet potato. Love it! :)
ReplyDeleteI am glad you had fun with your famiy. And CoNgRaTs on finishing your 1st half marathon. You ROCK!!!
ReplyDelete