Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Time

Spring is unpredictable. Some days are warm and we eat ice cream in shorts, while other days we stay in doors watching snow flakes melt as they hit the ground. The kids are having their favorite - Superman ice cream.
 We went fishing at a free fishing derby in Santa Clara last weekend when it was snowing and raining.
 We didn't catch anything, but it was fun.
 The kids did win new fishing poles. Awesome!
 Later that day we went to Las Vegas for an Indian Bhungra Festival to see En Karma. Our friend Ricky Thinda plays bass for the band and traveled from Vancouver BC to play in the festival.
 Bhangra is music and folk dance of the Punjabi Sihk farmers to celebrate the coming of the harvest season. Sloan liked to dance to the music.
 
 My friend Harmony took us to a farm in Leeds, Utah. Here is Sloan and her best friend Macy.
Guy didn't want to milk the cow or hold the large bottle for the baby calves to drink, but it was still a great learning experience.
 We saw a sow ready to give birth, dozens of kids with their mommy goats, puppies, horses, and chicks starting to hatch.
 Maybe we will get to go back to see more chicks hatching and to see the piglets.
 Later that day we went to an Easter Egg Hunt with some friends in the neighborhood.
 Sloan was more interested in opening eggs she already collected than finding more eggs.
 Guy has traded in his Superman shirt for this Batman shirt that he must wear every day.
Two weeks ago Sloan slipped at the park and cut open her chin. I bandaged it up, but it was taking a long time to heal. Today she slipped on the exact same spot at the same park and busted the cut open again. This time I took her to the pediatrician who put in three sutures. Poor Sloan had to be strapped to a board, but it went fast and she is tough.
 M&Ms help!
I love my kids and I love this time of year!

3 comments:

  1. M&M's make me better too :) I miss you guys, seeing your kids smiling faces doesn't help! Poor Sloan, I hope it heals up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about little Sloan's chinny chin chin. Your kids are so cute. I love seeing pics of all of my nieces and nephews! Thanks for blogging. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. M&M's make everything better for Pyper. She calls them num nums. Your kids are so darn cute. Guy looks just like Jack!

    ReplyDelete