Relay
At the beginning of December I ran the Expedition Relay in St. George, UT with friends from my neighborhood. The race was 50 miles long. I decided to run my legs consecutively, so I ended up running 11.5 miles. Brooke and I had time to clean up before meeting the team at the finish line.
Hostess Half Marathon
Mid-December I ran the Hostess Half Marathon in Hurricane, UT. This race was hush hush because it is not sponsored by the city or by Hostess. At each of the 5 aid stations runners must eat at least one Hostess product. Thank goodness they offered little doughnuts. I was only forced to pick a Twinkie once.
 |
| Hostess Half Marathon before the race began. |
I have a new friend and running partner, Amber Farmer. I met her through Twitter and Facebook before the race and we run about the same pace. It was nice to have someone to run with.
 |
| I am eating a Twinkie! |
 |
| Amber and I running after the 2nd aid station. |
 |
| I can eat fast! |
 |
| How much weight did I gain on this run? |
This was a very fun race. I hope to run it again next year. I finished in 2:03. The medals were very nice. No sugar for me (for at least the rest of the day).
No comments:
Post a Comment