Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Weekly Update

Sloan went to her 6 month doctor appointment today. She weighs 15 lbs and is still above average in length. She is starting to eat some finger foods under strict supervision. She really is more excited about it than the picture shows.

On Sunday, Jack and Guy went on a bike ride. Guy tried a hill for the first time and started going way too fast. He was out of control and screaming, "I'm scared! I'm scared!" Jack was also on a bike and he tried to grab Guy's handlebars to slow him down. The two bikes collided and Guy went flying. He smacked his forehead on the ground creating a giant goose egg. Jack's chain ring dung into his leg as his bike went down, gouging out a chunk of skin. I drove over to scrape up their carcasses and take them home. We plan to get Guy a better fitting helmet this weekend.

Guy painted a coffee filter in art class. When it was dry he scrunched it up in the middle and clipped on a clothes pin. After adding piper cleaner antenna, he had a colorful butterfly.
Jack went to the Virgin Rim Trail this weekend with his friend Joel (who is 67 years old and can kick his butt at biking). This was one of the longest mountain bike rides he has done - 28 miles. The altitude of 10,000 feet was a killer for Jack. He said he felt delirious.

No pictures of me this week, but I will get some good ones next week while we visit family and friends in northern Utah. I am excited!

1 comment:

  1. Who is this guy named Joel? Kole has an uncle that lives in St George that is an avid bike rider. Let me know, that would be interesting!

    ReplyDelete