I can't believe my little baby is a year old! Her birthday was December 15th. She celebrated with my family over Thanksgiving, so just the four of us had cake and opened presents together.

You can see in the next picture that Guy is really excited about presents. He was sad that they weren't for him.

She got a baby doll from Grandma Barbara. She hugs it and hugs it. We have been pretending to feed it will little spoons and a bowl. Guy really wanted the baby.

Grandma Peggy sent some cute clothes.

Grandpa John and Grandma Pam sent beautiful dresses. I think Sloan cherished all the cards she got more than any of the toys or clothes.

Her first cake and frosting. Guy blew out the candle for her.

You know Sloan is done eating when she starts to wear her food. This is the day after her birthday.

It rarely snows in the St. George area, but it happened to snow the day we planned to go the Nature Center to see Santa Clause. I bundled the kids up and we went anyway. I don't have a picture of Santa Clause because it was the worst Santa Clause I have ever seen. His costume was dirty and I think he may have been a disabled man. If you have ever seen the movie Trading Spaces, you will know what this Santa Clause looked like.
Guy took a cold train ride around the grounds first and then Sloan and I squished ourselves into the cart with him for the second trip. Sloan enjoyed the cookies.
Quick Sloan facts:
Average height and head circumference, but underweight. The average weight for a 12 month girl is 21 lbs and she only weighs 16.6 lbs. She just cut her 5th tooth and her 6th is close behind. She stands all the time and is taking a few steps. She enjoys playing with Guy's toys, to Guy's chagrin. She likes all food and eats more than Guy. Maybe she inherited her father's metabolism. We call her Dracula because she likes to chew on things and she doesn't want to sleep through the night.
She's adorable! And I still need your address!
ReplyDelete