Monday, August 30, 2010

Wooden Craft Projects

I have been blog surfing and I am really excited about repurposing things around my house. I bought 3 old window frames years ago and they have been sitting in my garage. I gave one to my sister, Charlotte who had it painted and hung in her living room that week. I finally painted this one and hung it in Sloan's room. Three panes were already broken out, so I screwed in hooks to hang picture frames. The frames cost $3 total, the ribbon was $1, the white spray paint was $1, and I had everything else.
Next to Sloan's bedroom window I hung this small shelf. I sanded down a wooden sign and used chalk to draw on it. Then I spray painted a little piggy bank. The shelf was $1, the sign was $1, and the piggy bank was $1. I had everything else.
I have posted these flowers before. They were lawn decorations that I spray painted after cutting off the bottom section that goes into the ground. They are also in Sloan's room.
Guy saw me adding things to Sloan's room and asked for his own display shelf. I bought this one for $1 and painted it black. I then used a bike brake line from my husband's bike garbage to create a hanging display. I spray painted chip clips to hang on the line. The metal bike was in my kitchen, but I replaced it with different bike decor. Now he has a place to display his scorpion and tarantula.
This has been fun. Now I am working on sewing projects.

1 comment:

  1. The window turned out so cute, I love it! Blog hunt for me now :) Great job.

    ReplyDelete