Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Making More Clothes

We actually went to church on Sunday. I substitute taught Guy's primary class again. Sloan tried out the new dress I made for her. She didn't really want to model it, but...
Guy wants his picture taken all the time.
In the DIY section of Instyle magazine I got the idea to use safety pins to add a little something extra to a plain shirt.
I only had 50 pins, but you may want more if you try this yourself.

I finally used the purple tulle I bought at a garage sale for 50 cents about a year ago. The purple tutu with black ribbon is going to be part of Sloan's Halloween costume. I am turning her into a Gothic fairy. The other two will probably be given to nieces as part of their birthday presents. These tutus are very easy. Type in "no sew tutu" on YouTube and you will find some great tutorials.
I love Halloween and I have been working on the kid's costumes already. Guy wants to be Nacho Libre which I think is awesome! I ordered a mask, but I am making everything else. Now I am working on Sloan's fairy wings (coat hangers and nylon). Fun for me!

3 comments:

  1. Shan! You are SUPER MOM!!!! This stuff is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress on Sloan, she looks so cute. I can't beleive the pins on the shirt can looks so dang cute, it looks way good. Plus your tutu's your the best, I'm so glad your my bestie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with all your sewing and craft skills! Sloan looks adorable :)

    ReplyDelete