My sister Jessica just turned 30 last month and my sister Charlotte turned 28 today! Charlotte requested homemade gifts this year, so she gets what she asked for. I made this jewelry holder for her (jewelry not included). Char, if you read this, don't feel obligated to put it up.
I attempted making several pieces of jewelry, but failed. I thought this zipper bracelet was OK, so she got that too. I supplemented her gift with a magazine subscription to "Family Fun." I like all the family activities and crafts in it.
Guy's preschool group went to the Staheli Farm today. I love going there. It was cool when we arrived, but we soon stripped off jackets. The kids learned about the animals first.
Then they got to pet them.
Guy dared to touch the giant potbellied pig, but Sloan only dared to touch a small goat. Guy also petted the chicken and learned that different colored chickens lay different colored eggs. Then we took a wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch.
They are willing to pose with each other, but not with me.
Cow train ride!
Horse swing ride.
On the way home we saw Steven Walquist walking along Telegraph Street. Steven lost his leg to cancer as a baby and has been walking from Salt Lake City to St. George, Utah (365 miles) to raise awareness for kids who need help with prosthetics and to show them anything is possible. I honked and waved. What an awesome thing to do.walkstevewalk.com


Looks like a fun farm and pumpkin patch! I love the picture of your kids together on the wagon ride.
ReplyDeleteYou are so good at crafts! I really like the jewelry holder. I wish we lived by each other so we could get together and chat more!