Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mud Run

I participated in the New Harmony Mud Run on Saturday. The course ended up being longer than a 10K, 6.6 miles. It was hard the first 3 miles, but I felt better the second half. The first obstacle is a pit of mud which caked on my shoes, knees, and hands. It was hard to run with the extra weight and it was gross to feel the mud drying and cracking on my legs and hands. The best part was the muddy water pit with logs across it. You had to go over and under the logs and completely submerge yourself. Fun and cooling!

 Jack took the kids to Guy's fishing class first and then they came up to enjoy the bounce houses and pizza.
 I got second over all in women and first in my age group. I felt good at the end. Looking forward to the 1/2 marathon with Charlotte next month.
My dad and Debbie stopped by on their way home after a trip to visit family in Kansas City. It was a short visit, but I am thankful for the time I got to spend with my dad. We shared a lot with each other and it meant a great deal to me. I love you dad! He gave us two metal swords he forged in his high school shop class. They were in Grandma's house before she passed away. Guy wants to fence with them instead of use them as a decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment