Saturday, June 2, 2012

2nd Marathon

Sand Hollow Marathon
 In preparation for my second marathon I ran 20 miles on the race course. I ran it in 2:57.

Jack and the kids came out to check on me. They played in the sand around Sand Hollow State Park and then had lunch at McDonalds.



Race Day
 The first half of the race was going well, but when I turned around at the half way point I started to feel crappy. In hindsight I didn't drink or eat enough the first half. Jack and the kids played in the sand around Sand Hollow again.


 Mile 18 was the BIG hill. I had to walk up it.

 I was so happy when I crossed the finish line. I ran a PR of 4:17, but I was really hoping to be under 4 hours because I had such a great 20 mile run. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. That's still amazing!! Not everyone can do a marathon {like me!} Way to go!

    ReplyDelete