Wednesday, November 25, 2009

3rd Birthday

My mom came into town the weekend I ran my first 10K. I ran from Springdale to Grafton. My mom was there at the finish line to greet me. My time was 55:03 which was my goal.

Grafton is a ghost town and mom took a tour of the cemetery while waiting for me.

Guy and his Grandma
Guy really likes dressing up as superheroes and fighting bad guys, so I planned a superman birthday party for him. There were 10 two-three year olds and a few younger siblings that attended.
I made a shiny red cape for each superhero, and they decorated black foam masks I cut out. The superheroes then had to make it through an obstacle course to save a stuffed animal that had been tied up by a bad guy.


I tried to form an S on each cupcake with M&Ms, but it didn't look like I envisioned it.
Guy's friend Jace was really excited about the presents and wanted to help him.
Look how cute Guy's face is!
Jack's dad flew into town for Guy's birthday and to help us move. We decided to have his birthday party on the same day we planned to move. Why?

John was great with the kids and he gave Guy a remote control tarantula and a Transformer helmet for his birthday.

Guy helped me make another cake later that week when it was his actual birthday.
Then he got to open Grandma Peggy's gifts. Aren't these shirts and bandannas so cute!

He loves Star Wars and he couldn't wait to put on this Storm Trooper costume.
Grandpa and Grandma Hoskins sent him money for his birthday and he went to Wal Mart to buy an action figure to match his new costume.

2 comments:

  1. It was good to see you! Hopefully we can chat a little more around Christmas. Sounds like you had a great party for Guy. Your brave having over so many kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The party was so fun!! Thanks for inviting us. Rylie still wears her cape around.

    ReplyDelete